Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nightmare

Nightmare Clan

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(Application Form) Mewhaku

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mewhaku
Guild Member
Guild Member
Mewhaku

(Application Form) Mewhaku Empty
PostSubject: (Application Form) Mewhaku   (Application Form) Mewhaku I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:22 am

Nightmare Guild: Application form
Please take the time to write a clear, legible response. Writing a nice application shows me that you are serious about joining a nice guild, and that you are mature and responsible. If I see multiple misspellings and it looks to me like you spent 2 minutes filling this out, Nightmare guild will not take you seriously as a possible member of our guild.

What is your character's name in-game?
BlackCatMew

What is your name?
Its Sarah. Nice to meet you all. ^_^

How old are you?

Which class(es) are you going to play?
Well, the Dual Gunner class seems really intresting. I'm usually better at playing offensively, so.. yeah. ^^; Maybe I'll try my hand at playing as a Paladin later though.

What goals have you set for yourself to reach in Aika online?
Hm.. haven't really set any really big goals. This is my one of my first times playing a game like this - so for now, my goals would be to learn the ropes and provide ample support to any in my party. Have fun, for now. It would be awesome if I could get better at playing games like this.

What can you offer to Nightmare guild?
I'm usually good at cooperating with others, so I guess I could help out newbies and people needing help looking around. (Once I know my way around, that is. ^^; )
I also tend to stay dedicated to what I do, so I wouldn't just stop playing one day and forget about the guild.
Like I said earlier, I'm a bit of a newbie, so I'm still learning - but I'd love to be able to learn the most I can from the guild and offer my service in return for that. ^_^

What do you expect Nightmare guild to offer you?
Info, experience, just in general I think this guild would help me learn my way around easier. I'd also love to make some friends along the way - and guilds are great for that.

What time are you normally online?
(please add in your timezone, since 5pm Eastern time is not the same as 5pm pacific time)
I am online (usually, not always) from around 7pm USA Eastern time until 9pm USA Eastern time. Depends on the day. I'm usually online more on weekends.

How much time do you devote to MMOs on a daily basis?
Hm.. well, I haven't really played many before, but I'd dedicate at the very least one hour per day. I don't really know. ^^; Sorry.

Have you played any MMOs in the past? If so, which MMO's have you played, and what levels did you reach in those MMOs?
I played MapleStory for a little while, but I had an issue with the game and couldn't log in when I was at level 20.
I also played a Korean MMORPG for the series Digimon for a little while - I reached around level 25 in that game. (And then it crashed. English patch issues.)
I tend to have bad luck with MMOs and my computer. ^^; Aika seems to work fine though.

If you have not played any MMOs in the past, are you willing to learn and accept criticism if you are found to be doing something incorrectly?
Seeing as my experience is well, low, I'm extremely willing to learn. I'm also willing to accept criticism if I mess up.

Would others rate you a good MMO player?
Well, when I was playing MapleStory people said I was good at listening to directions and also organizing things - so yes, I guess.

Were you in any of the top guilds in those games? If so, what role did you play? (IE: were you a guildleader, were you involved in the forums, or in charge of planning alliances with other guilds, did you participate in guild events frequently...?)
No. ^^; I mainly played by myself.

There is a weekly maintenance fee to keep Nightmare guild running. If it is not paid, the guild will get disbanded. This is an in-game rule set by the developers. Knowing this, would you contribute gold to the weekly maintenance cost to maintain Nightmare guild?
Of course I would. Hopefully I'll make a lot of gold to donate towards this guild.

Thanks for looking at my application! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Atoli
Administrator
Administrator
Atoli

PostSubject: Re: (Application Form) Mewhaku   (Application Form) Mewhaku I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:05 am

Hi Sarah!
Sorry for responding so late. I was eating dinner.
You have saved me from the mental debate "Should I require real-life friends to write an application?"
lol
Well, you are accepted!
See you in-game on the 24th! =D
Back to top Go down
https://nightmare.forummotion.com
nervcore
Guild Member
Guild Member
nervcore

PostSubject: Re: (Application Form) Mewhaku   (Application Form) Mewhaku I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:36 am

Congrats on becoming a member bounce

Oh and btw, if you're more of an offensive playing gamer, dont bother to try paladin. Paladin are tanks. They can take damage but cant really deal a whole lot of damage out.

Just a few more tidbits of info:
There are roles in Aika for each different character.

1) Paladins are tanks. They make the monsters attack them only. This is called aggro. They have a skill which increases their aggro and this way only the monsters attack them. You will be expected to tank properly while in a dungeon party.

2) Clerics are healers. They are responsible for healing others whilst in a party and especially so in a dungeon party.

3) Warriors are melee based damage dealers (Damage dealers may be referred to as DD, DPS. DD = Damage Dealer, DPS = Damage Per Second). They might be viable as an off tank. But it's still too early to be sure. (Off tank is a secondary tank that goes after stray mobs that attacks anyone else other than the main tank[Paladin]. This is so that the healer or damage dealer do not die prematurely)

4) DG's, RM would most likely fall into the range physical DPS. At this point in time, other than the plain fact that their role is to dish out huge amounts of damage while in a dungeon party, I have no other information if they have any other special roles while in a dungeon party.

5) Warlock and Mages fall into the range magical DPS. Likewise, I have no other info on them. But I heared that warlocks have a polymorph skill. So they could be used as crowd controllers in dungeon party.

Okay so it isnt a tidbit of info but a whole wall of text. I hope that the info above has helped you understand the game and roles of each character a little better. bounce
Back to top Go down
Atoli
Administrator
Administrator
Atoli

PostSubject: Re: (Application Form) Mewhaku   (Application Form) Mewhaku I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:27 pm

RM=Rifleman by the way.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks. I'm sure Sarah appreciates the info. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mewhaku
Guild Member
Guild Member
Mewhaku

PostSubject: Re: (Application Form) Mewhaku   (Application Form) Mewhaku I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:30 pm

Yay! =D Thanks Michelle. I can't wait to play this.

And thanks nervcore. ^_^ I think I will stick to playing as a DG for now then. Defensive strategies are definitely not my strongpoint. I should get used to using them though... probably why I lost in a tournament I was in once.. Offense can only get you so far sometimes. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Atoli
Administrator
Administrator
Atoli

PostSubject: Re: (Application Form) Mewhaku   (Application Form) Mewhaku I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:23 am

Lol I can't wait until Aika CBT2 starts either! I'm stuck playing Allods until then. T.T
Aika is so much more fun!

On the starting day we should all make a group and quest together, that way you, Zem, Nerv, and I can level quickly! Smile
And since we know where most of the quest locations are, it will be much faster than solo-questing!
Back to top Go down
nervcore
Guild Member
Guild Member
nervcore

PostSubject: Re: (Application Form) Mewhaku   (Application Form) Mewhaku I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:12 pm

hehe i'm already 2x. Let me know if u guys need help with pesky mobs for ur quests...
Back to top Go down
Atoli
Administrator
Administrator
Atoli

PostSubject: Re: (Application Form) Mewhaku   (Application Form) Mewhaku I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:25 am

If we all work together, we will all be hitting 30 in no time at all!
40-50 on the other hand is another matter entirely, but we will try! Smile
Back to top Go down
Snow
Honored Guest
Honored Guest
Snow

PostSubject: Re: (Application Form) Mewhaku   (Application Form) Mewhaku I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:07 am

Hi Mew, nice to meet you! :]

Atoli wrote:
Lol I can't wait until Aika CBT2 starts either! I'm stuck playing Allods until then. T.T
Aika is so much more fun!

I agree with this 100%... Gibberlings are cute and all, but Allods wasn't that fun for me. It was refreshing in CB but when I played the OB, it became really boring.
One more day until Aika guhhhh xD
Back to top Go down
Atoli
Administrator
Administrator
Atoli

PostSubject: Re: (Application Form) Mewhaku   (Application Form) Mewhaku I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:10 am

I find Allods' controls clunky.... and the community? ugh. I normally don't dislike games, but that particular one is a bit aggravating. I have a level 8 Psionist for the evil empire. The only fun part to me seems to be flying on the ships, but you can't do that until level 35 or so, so that kind of killed it for me.
Back to top Go down
Snow
Honored Guest
Honored Guest
Snow

PostSubject: Re: (Application Form) Mewhaku   (Application Form) Mewhaku I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:51 am

It's all coming back to me...! hahah. I hated how you couldn't cast anything if you weren't physically facing a mob, I was so confused at the very beginning. Forgot what the specific system message was, but I kept spamming skill buttons at some mob and it kept spamming me back with that message that went along the lines of YOU CAN'T CAST SKILL FACING THAT POSITION, NOOB and so on.

But I do admit, the concept of the astral ships was very cool. Razz
Back to top Go down
Atoli
Administrator
Administrator
Atoli

PostSubject: Re: (Application Form) Mewhaku   (Application Form) Mewhaku I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:02 am

Exactly. The concept was amazing, it was just executed poorly. The graphics and towns are rendered perfectly. It is a complex and interesting world, however the creators who made the quests were lacking in imagination. The concept of "fatigue," which limits the amount of exp you can achieve in one day is completely ridiculous, and the fact that the toon does not automatically face the mob to attack is just frustrating. It takes 5-6 hits to kill one monster. That makes grinding and doing quests take entirely too long. I am recieving little exp event at level 8! How on earth is anyone supposed to make it to the level cap if quests only give you from 5%-10% at level 8, and grinding gets you little to no exp?
I couldn't stand the map. It was entirely impossible to use the compass feature, and the map did not give the locations of NPCs. It showed the location of quests, which would be great if they weren't all in the wrong spots. The quests force you to stay within the town, even around the higher levels, which is utterly ridiculous. Not to mention the size of the Empire's city! It was gigantic and totally impossible to navigate without pulling up the map every other minute.
Some of the classes are pretty unique, I'll give the game that much. Psionist is pretty fun. The main problem with every class I attempted to play (Summoner, cleric, Psionist) was the how underpowered they are. It is nearly impossible to make a decent amount of money to buy decent gear, not to mention that there is a general lack of decent gear to buy.
The skill descriptions are poorly designed. The color scheme is dreadful and doesn't fit with the theme of the game. It feels like a poorly stitched patchwork of colors on a particularly ugly black background.
The community seems to be comprised of several young children shouting rude comments at each other over "zone" chat constantly. I got so irritated that I put around 1/2 the server on my block list in the first half hour.
All in all, this game gets a rating of 2 stars from me. The first is for the concept and the second is out of pity. They spent $6 million making that game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Application Form) Mewhaku   (Application Form) Mewhaku I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Application Form) Mewhaku
Page 1 of 1